Join us as a
Contracts Lab Paralegal
Join a start-up
Ask Q is an oxymoron: it’s a start-up, with all the perks you’d expect from a start-up, but it has the experience and expertise of a grown-up. Every member of our team brings their own experience, expertise and vibe to the table and we are looking for you to complement our team. No experience yet? No problem, we invest in our people and are happy to share our expertise with you. And so are the people of Quinz, our founding fathers and a top-tier Benelux law firm.
- Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Be a game changer
Ask Q wants to change the legal business. It is not the next law firm on the list but is the legal wing(wo)man that (international) companies have been looking for. At Ask Q, as a Contracts Lab Paralegal, you will receive the same training as within a law firm but on top of that, you will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of the corporate legal profession by working for different companies, often simultaneously.
Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams with a Legal counsel on demand service and offers focused services in dedicated Expert Labs. We want to change the legal business, also for our employees: we offer complete transparency about financials, strategy and planning, we let our consultants take ownership over clients and projects and we understand the importance of a good balance between work and life. We are passionate about what we do, but we know that there’s is more to life than work.
Your role in a nutshell
As a Contracts Lab Paralegal, you will be a part of the Contracts Lab, one of our dedicated Expert Labs that provides services from rethinking contract management to negotiating complex contracts. At the Contracts Lab, we eat, speak and breathe commercial contracts and we are looking for a legal professional with the same contracting appetite to join us.
Your Ask Q week will include:
- autonomously managing (with the support of your colleagues, where needed) the entire contractual life cycle, ranging from contract initiation, negotiation, execution, storage, and post signature follow-up of complex commercial contracts. We are really talking about a big variety of contracts (master service agreements, supply agreements, logistic and transportation agreements, IT contracts, marketing agreements, and many more). All types of contracts that are essential for and to the daily operational flow of our international clients;
- getting continuous feedback as well as various learning and development opportunities, to grow fast as a legal professional. You will work with talented colleagues who will help you build a strong legal background enabling you to work for large international companies;
- analyzing and mapping the potential risks and pitfalls of complex commercial contracts;
- advising our clients on contractual questions;
- building and maintaining relationships with the client’s international business teams but also with their suppliers, clients, and/or other business connections;
- continuously looking for ways to improve the client’s contract process including advising on and helping to implement legal tech tools;
- organizing tailor-made training on commercial contracts for our clients; and
- participating, as a member of the client’s extended legal team, in team meetings.
In our distributed ownership model, you can – on top of your high-level legal work – also take on an additional role to develop non-legal skills that you are interested in. These roles are very varied: for example, we have talent tigers who help with recruiting, a happiness officer who organizes office events and a knowledge manager who is our curator on everything related to knowledge products. You can take charge of your learning curve in a place where you get the room to fail, grow and share your learnings with the rest of the team. Your colleagues will relentlessly train you, and you will train them.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in law or legal practice (rechtspraktijk), from a renowned university or college. Any additional study or education is an asset;
- You have at least two years of relevant work experience in a similar paralegal and/or contracts manager position;
- You have a keen interest in international commercial contracts and have a good understanding of contract-related issues and regulations within a range of industries;
- You can work accurately with an eye for detail and deliver high-quality work;
- You have a hands-on mentality, are business-minded and have a high customer and service orientation;
- You are a strong communicator with an analytical mind and solid drafting and negotiation skills;
- You are fluent in English; fluency in Dutch or French is a nice to have;
- You are a strong team player with the ability to work independently.
What we offer
Working at Ask Q offers the best of two worlds:
- you get to work on complex legal tasks while being supported by experts in their field, as you would at a law firm;
- you get to experience a variety of work for a variety of clients, as you would as an in-house lawyer.
Working at a young, fast-growing company means that there is room:
- to let your entrepreneurial microbes run free;
- to experiment and put the spotlight on your unique talents;
- to further develop your leadership skills but also your legal skills in the field of international commercial contracts;
- to learn from the expertise of your talented colleagues in other fields of law (like corporate, data protection, and many more)
- to share your learnings with the team.
We grow together and support each other while doing so. Your colleagues will have your back while you enjoy a well-deserved break without your laptop. To help you balance your life, we offer a flexible work-from-home policy.
We will discuss a competitive compensation and benefits package during the job interviews.
We take diversity, inclusion, and social commitment seriously at Ask Q. Diversity is core to our values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering access to various professional development programs and continuing legal education opportunities.