Join us as a
JUNIOR LEGAL EXPERT
Be a game changer
Ask Q is the new kid on the block and challenges the traditional ways in which legal services work. Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams. We are also changing the way people craft their legal careers. Our innovative business model empowers you to control how you work and gets you to know all sorts of legal sectors and meet unique challenges. All of this while balancing your life and your legal career goals.
Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Feel empowered by
a top law firm
We have access to the outstanding lawyers at Quinz, a firm with an international track record of legal success stories. Legal teams prefer working with Ask Q because all our talented staff are meticulously trained and mentored to make in-house teams shine.
Your role in a nutshell
We are looking for a pioneering junior legal professional with excellent legal drafting skills and a solid commercial understanding. Our clients praise us for combining an eye for detail with a hands-on, pragmatic approach.
Your week with Ask Q will include:
- complex contract work (mainly in English, sometimes in Dutch or French), performed remotely or on-site
- communicating with and advising the client’s international business teams on all kinds of contractual, regulatory and compliance matters
- legal project management
- business development initiatives (client visits, pitching, RFP preparations, company presentations, etc.)
- being part of pilots to test out new business ideas and forms of collaboration and
- ‘My Ask Q Time’, a sandbox in which you have the freedom to work on specific profit or non-profit initiatives that appeal to you.
We will continually train you and you will train your colleagues.
Are you graduating soon or have you gained some initial experience in a law firm, consultancy firm or a company's legal department? Do you want to become part of a new and exciting venture and be at the forefront of legal innovation? If so, we might be what you are looking for and vice versa!
We are a start-up and like to think outside the box. This means that you don’t have to check all of the boxes below, but they help to see whether your profile is in line with Ask Q's needs and DNA:
- you hold a master’s degree in law
- you have 1 year or more of experience in a law firm or consultancy firm or a company's legal department (not required)
- you are able to deliver high-quality work while being hands-on and pragmatic
- you are a strong communicator with solid drafting and negotiation skills
- you have a healthy dose of interest in business in general
- you have a high 'Adaptability Quotient' and are not afraid to propose and develop new solutions
- you are fluent in English and in Dutch and/or French and
- you are a strong team player with the ability to work independently.