Join us as a
LEGAL EXPERT GDPR
Be a game changer
Ask Q is the new kid on the block and challenges the traditional ways in which legal services work. Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams. We are also changing the way people craft their legal careers. Our innovative business model empowers you to control how you work and gets you to know all sorts of legal sectors and meet unique challenges. All of this while balancing your life and your legal career goals.
Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Feel empowered by a top law firm
We have access to the outstanding lawyers at Quinz, a firm with an international track record of legal success stories. Legal teams prefer working with Ask Q because all our talented staff are meticulously trained and mentored to make in-house teams shine.
Ask Q operates as a separate entity, a start-up that has its own strategy, offices, business model and employer model. There is however a strong alliance between Quinz and Ask Q, and we often work side by side. While Quinz focuses on providing top-notch legal advice, Ask Q serves as the day-to-day extension of the legal team of many of these companies.
Your role in a nutshell
Ask Q recently launched the GDPR Expert Lab, which operates as the extension of legal teams/businesses for all matters related to both data protection and data valorization. Our GDPR Expert Lab aims to offer hands-on solutions for our customer’s day-to-day GDPR encounters and not‑so-everyday projects alike. Unlike more traditional law firms, we do not just offer GDPR advice from a distance. We like to take ownership of the client’s problem and aim for easy-to‑implement solutions that unburden the client by actually diving into the clients’ systems and connecting legal, IT and the business. We do the client’s homework.
We are looking for a pioneering legal professional who is triggered by this approach and who has a keen interest and experience in the fast changing world of data protection and data valorization. You have excellent legal drafting skills and a solid commercial acumen. You would love to work for the most prominent and innovative companies in Belgium and abroad. Clients praise you for combining the eye for detail with a hands-on, pragmatic approach.
Your week with Ask Q will include:
- integrating your GDPR know-how in the client’s day-to-day operations (contract drafting, policy reviews, etc.);
- taking care of GDPR compliance in exciting projects (e.g. app development) or assist new companies to achieve GDPR compliance from scratch;
- helping clients to maximize data usage and valorization, while minimizing liability risks;
- proactively communicating with and advising the client’s international business teams on all kinds of data protection matters, either as their external DPO or as a dedicated legal counsel;
- providing GDPR awareness trainings or crash courses which are tailored to the client’s business;
- discussing new GDPR evolutions and propose pragmatic solutions with your Ask Q colleagues in an open atmosphere;
- supplementing your legal skills with IT know-how by working together with non-legal profiles, such as IT specialists or ethical hackers;
- managing and training (more junior) members of your team in a fun way;
- business development (client visits, pitching, RFP preparations, company presentations, etc.);
- being part of pilots to test out new business ideas and forms of collaboration;
- ‘My Ask Q Time’, a sandbox in which you have the freedom to work on specific profit or non-profit initiatives that appeal to you; and
- go home after an interesting day’s work with a sense of accomplishment instead of exhaustion.
We will relentlessly train you and you will train your colleagues.
Are you incredibly driven to build your career path in a stimulating, innovative and engaging environment? Get in touch with us, if:
- you hold a master’s degree in law;
- you have 3 years or more of experience in data protection;
- you gained your expertise in a law firm, company or consultancy firm with an international focus and reputation;
- you see GDPR as part of the bigger company picture;
- you are able to deliver high-quality work, while being hands-on and pragmatic;
- you are a strong communicator with solid contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- you have a high 'Adaptability Quotient' and are not afraid to propose and develop new solutions;
- you are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French; and
- you are a strong team player with the ability to work independently.