Join us as a
Senior Contracts Lab Consultant
Join a start-up
Ask Q is an oxymoron: it’s a young fast-growing company, with all the perks you’d expect from a start-up, but it has the experience and expertise of a grown-up. Every member of our team brings their own experience, expertise and vibe to the table and we are looking for another person to complement our team. We invest in our people and are happy to share our expertise with you, just as you will share yours with your colleagues. To expand this expertise even further, we are backed by Quinz, our founding fathers and a top-tier Benelux law firm.
- Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Be a game changer
Ask Q wants to change the legal business. It is not the next law firm on the list but is the legal wing(wo)man that (international) companies have been looking for. Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams with a Legal counsel on demand service and offers focused services in our dedicated Expert Labs. We want to change the legal business, also for our employees: we offer complete transparency about financials, strategy and planning, we let our consultants take ownership over clients and projects and we understand the importance of a good balance between work and life. We are passionate about what we do, but we know that there is more to life than work.
Your role in a nutshell
As a Senior Contracts Lab Consultant, your main focus will be to put our contracting practice on the (world) map. Together with our team, you will provide top service for our international clients. You will also be one of the driving forces in attracting new clients and expanding our portfolio.
Your work will relate to our Contracts Lab, one of our Expert Labs that provides services from rethinking contract management to negotiating complex commercial contracts. At the Contracts Lab, we eat, speak and breathe commercial contracts and we are looking for a legal professional with the same contracting appetite to join us.
As an expert in the Contracts Lab, we will expect you to take the lead on projects and be in the spotlight with full exposure to our (international) clients as their Single Point of Contact but also to share your extensive contracting experience and coach and mentor other team members as their sparring partner.
Your Ask Q week will include:
- operating as a Single Point Of Contact for various of our (international) clients. In this role, you will interact with their Executive Management, General Counsel, legal counsel(s), and/or business teams on a daily basis;
- inspiring, encouraging and guiding an ambitious team of (commercial) contract experts with the ultimate goal to manage the entire contractual life cycle, ranging from contract initiation, negotiation, execution, storage, and post signature follow-up of commercial contracts. We are really talking about a big variety of contracts (master service agreements, sales and purchase agreements, logistic and transportation agreements, IT contracts, non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements, and many more). All types of contracts that are essential for and to the daily operational flow of our (international) clients;
- reviewing and negotiating of those commercial contracts, including strategic advising of our clients accordingly keeping their business, sector, and risk appetite in mind;
- continuously looking for ways to improve the client’s contract process including advising on and helping to implement legal tech tools;
- organizing, together with your team, tailor-made trainings on commercial contracts for our clients and/or your colleagues;
- participate in business development to help Ask Q to grow even bigger and faster.
In our distributed ownership model, you can – on top of your high-level legal work – also take on an additional role to develop non-legal skills that you are interested in. These roles are very varied: for example, we have talent tigers who help with recruiting, a happiness officer who organizes office events and a knowledge manager who is our curator on everything related to knowledge products. If you feel there is a need for another role that you want to take on, we’re more than happy to listen to you. Next to that, we will encourage (and support) you to take charge of your continuous learning curve by creating a place where you get the room to fail, grow and share your learnings with the rest of the team. You will relentlessly train your colleagues, while you will also learn from them.
- You hold a master’s degree in law – an LLM is an asset;
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience gained in a law firm and/or (legal) consultancy firm with an international focus and reputation, the legal department of a multinational corporation, or a tech transfer office;
- You have a strong understanding and expertise in international commercial contracting. This entails excellent legal drafting and negotiation skills, solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of contract (management) features.
- You can lead a team by coordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate the achievement of objectives;
- You are fluent in English; fluency in Dutch or French is a nice to have;
- You are able to work accurately with eye for detail and to deliver high-quality work;
- You have a hands-on mentality, are business-minded and have a high customer and service orientation; and
- You show a proactive approach and have a knack for problem-solving.