Join us as a
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
Be a game changer
Ask Q is the new kid on the block and is challenging the traditional ways in which legal services work. Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams. We are also changing the way people craft their legal careers. Our innovative business model empowers you to control how you work and gives you an opportunity to get to know all sorts of legal sectors and meet unique challenges. All of this while balancing your life and your legal career goals.
Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Feel empowered by
a top law firm
Ask Q has access to the outstanding lawyers at Quinz, a firm with an international track record of legal success stories. Legal teams prefer working with Ask Q because all our talented staff are meticulously trained and mentored to make in-house teams shine.
Ask Q operates as a separate entity. We are a start-up and have our own strategy, offices, business model and employer branding. There is however a strong alliance between Quinz and Ask Q, we share the same values and often work side by side. While Quinz focuses on providing top-notch legal advice, Ask Q serves as the day-to-day extension of the legal team of many of these companies.
Your role in a nutshell
The core of our offering is what we call the “legal counsel on demand”. Our legal counsels on demand are the extension of the legal team of our clients. They step in whenever there are gaps, spikes or bottlenecks in the legal workload or workforce.
Sometimes our clients have no legal team on their own. In that case we are the “legal department on demand” and handle all legal questions of our client’s management as their general counsel (and if needed also as their corporate secretary).
As a senior legal counsel on demand, you act like the external company lawyer for several companies at the same time and get integrated in several legal departments and/or management teams. You get in touch with a wide diversity of sectors, businesses and management teams.
We are looking for an ambitious senior legal professional who will be the single point of contact for some of our clients. As a SPOC, you are in touch with your clients on a daily basis. To serve your clients efficiently, you can rely on the support of the (more junior) team members who work under your supervision. You will also be responsible as their mentor and coach. Hence, we will relentlessly train you and you will train your colleagues.
Your week with Ask Q will include:
- operating as the single point of contact for several clients in various sectors,
- leading your own team of (more junior) team members,
- complex contract and advisory work (mainly in English but also sometimes in Dutch or French),
- working either remotely (home or Ask Q offices) or on-site with the client,
- communicating with and advising the client’s international business teams on all kinds of contractual, regulatory and compliance matters,
- legal project management,
- advice on legal strategy, business processes, policies, etc.,
- helping clients to define and/or continuously improve their legal strategy,
- getting trained by experts from Ask Q and Quinz in various areas of law,
- learning the ins and outs of various sectors,
- consulting with your colleagues whenever you feel the need,
- doing business development (client visits, pitching, RFP preparations, company presentations, etc.)
- being part of pilots to test out new business ideas and forms of collaboration,
- ‘My Ask Q Time’, a sandbox in which you have the freedom to work on specific profit or non-profit initiatives that appeal to you, and
being part of a young enthusiastic team of legal professionals in a fast-growing and innovative company.
You have excellent legal drafting skills and a solid commercial acumen. You feel enthusiastic to work for the most prominent and innovative companies in Belgium and abroad. Clients praise you for combining the eye for detail with a hands-on, pragmatic approach.
- you hold a master’s degree in law,
- you have 5 years or more of experience in corporate or commercial law,
- you gained your expertise as an in-house lawyer in an international company or in a law firm with an international focus and reputation (ideally with in-house experience through a secondment),
- you are able to deliver high-quality work, while being hands-on and pragmatic,
- you have a high 'Adaptability Quotient' and are not afraid to propose and develop new solutions,
- you are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French, and
- you are a strong team player with the ability to work independently.