Join us as a
Senior Legal Ops Consultant
Join a start-up
Ask Q is an oxymoron: it’s a start-up with all the perks you’d expect from a start-up, but it has the experience and expertise of a grown-up. Every team member brings their own experience, expertise and vibe to the table, and we are looking for another person to complement our team. We invest in our people and are happy to share our expertise with you. And so are the people of Quinz, our founding fathers and a top-tier Benelux law firm.
Not sure yet? Discover all our career opportunities here.
Be a game changer
Ask Q wants to change the legal business. It is not the next law firm on the list but is the legal wing(wo)man that (international) companies have been looking for. Ask Q serves as an extension of several top companies' legal teams with a Legal counsel on demand service and offers focused services in dedicated Expert Labs. We want to change the legal business, also for our employees: we offer complete transparency about financials, strategy and planning, we let our consultants take ownership over clients and projects, and we understand the importance of a good balance between work and life. We are passionate about what we do, but we know there is more to life than work.
Your role in a nutshell
One of our offerings is what we call “Legal Operations Consulting”. This newly created team enables legal departments to service their internal clients more effectively. The change processes and activities we advise on include: the use of (legal) technology, knowledge management, digitalization, vendor management, financial management, change management and data analytics.
As Senior Legal Ops Consultant, your main focus will be to put our Legal Ops Consulting offering on the (world) map. Doing so will further expand the team and plot its course. You will provide top service for our international clients with your team. You will also be the driving force in attracting new clients and expanding the client base.
As an expert in the Legal Ops Consulting team, we will expect you to take the lead on projects and be in the spotlights with full exposure to our (international) clients as their Single Point of Contact and project manager but also to share your extensive experience and to coach and mentor other team members. You’ll work with Legal Engineers to translate our client’s needs and requirements into technological tools and solutions.
Through Ask Q’s Legal Operations Consulting offering, our team is pioneering in the legal services market. Legal Operations is relatively new with no clear incumbents. Joining Ask Q as a Legal Engineer is a unique opportunity to join an exciting adventure of rapid growth and innovation.
Your Ask Q week will include:
- operating as Single Point of Contact for various of our (international) clients. In this role, you will interact with their Executive Management, General Counsel, legal counsel(s) and/or business teams daily
- inspiring, encouraging and guiding an ambitious team of Legal Ops experts with the ultimate goal of enabling legal departments to service their internal clients more effectively
- leading and conducting client interviews and (design thinking) workshops to understand the problems our clients are facing and creating bespoke solutions for our clients
- translating those solutions into practical solutions, including processes but also technology tools ranging from off-the-shelf legal technology tools to bespoke customizations
- testing those solutions using the lean methodology and collecting feedback from the client
- staying up to date on ongoing projects using project management principles and tools
- guiding clients through the change management process that is crucial for the successful completion of our projects and assignments
- participating in business development and sales to help grow the Legal Ops Consulting team even more and faster
- continuously looking for ways to improve the client’s way of working and conducting horizon scanning within the area of legal technology and legal operations
- being part of pilots to test out new business ideas and forms of collaboration
In our distributed ownership model, you can – on top of your Legal Engineering work – also take on an additional role to develop non-legal/digital skills that you are interested in. These roles are very varied: for example, we have talent tigers who help with recruiting, a happiness officer who organizes office events and a knowledge manager who is our curator on everything related to knowledge products. If you feel there is a need for another role that you want to take on, we’re more than happy to listen to you. Next to that, we will encourage (and support) you to take charge of your continuous learning curve by creating a place where you get the room to fail, grow and share your learnings with the rest of the team. You will relentlessly train your colleagues, while you will also learn from them.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in (or advising) in-house legal departments that have successfully completed process improvement projects in the legal ops area (such as law firm management, process/document automation or knowledge management)
- You have a keen interest in the legal profession as well as a talent for quickly understanding new technologies and tools
- You are able to lead a team through coordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate the achievement of objectives
- You have a good general understanding of technology. Being able to program code is not required, but certainly a plus
- You are a high-caliber individual, with outstanding problem-solving and communication skills, who is capable of rapidly understanding and solving a wide variety of novel and complex problems, taking the initiative and innovating to find solutions
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch and/or French are an asset
- You are a strong team player with the ability to work independently
What we offer
Working at Ask Q offers the opportunity to innovate and disrupt the legal services market, which has historically been very traditional. You’ll have the opportunity to intimately work with the best in-house legal departments on innovation and transformation projects.
Working at a young, fast-growing company means that there is room to let your entrepreneurial microbes run free, to experiment and put your unique talents into the spotlight. Some of the core values of Ask Q are transparency towards the team, trust, and ownership. You will be able to further develop your leadership skills in the field of legal operations. You will learn from the expertise of your talented colleagues and you will have the opportunity to share your own learnings.
We grow together and support each other while doing so. This also means that we take time off seriously: your colleagues will have your back while you enjoy a well-deserved break, so there will be no need to pack your laptop. To help you balance your life, we offer a flexible work-from-home policy.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will further be discussed during the job interviews.
At Ask Q, we take diversity, inclusion, and social commitment seriously. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering access to various professional development programs and continuing legal education opportunities.