Privacy & disclaimer
The information and opinions available on our website are intended for general information purposes only. This website is not aimed at providing legal or other professional advice. Ask Q cannot be held liable for any damage which would be incurred by using information provided on this website.
This website may contain links and references to websites or materials of third parties. Ask Q is not responsible for any content which would be available on external websites linked to this website.
Ask Q provides legal solutions to help meet in-house legal teams ever-changing needs, but we are not a law firm. If you would like to receive legal advice from a law firm, please visit the site of Quinz and contact an attorney who will advise you on the basis of your personal situation.
- Who is the controller?
- How does ask q collect personal data?
Ask Q will collect your personal data:
- when you directly provide us with your personal data (e.g. when you contact us via email);
- when we receive personal data from third parties (e.g. personal data received from regulatory authorities or service providers of Ask Q);
- when personal data is collected automatically (e.g. your technical information in relation to the use of the Ask Q Website).
- Which personal data does ask q collect?
Ask Q will collect the following personal data from you:
- identification, contact and biographical information such as your name, contact details, the company you work for and your function at such company;
- information about your visit and how you interact with the Ask Q Website, including technical information associated with the device you use;
- information relevant to the legal services we provide you with, such as billing information or information in relation to your business;
- information relevant to the recruitment process, such as the information in your application and information we collect while performing background checks.
- For what purposes does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure proper communication;
- to deliver services requested by you;
- to establish and manage its (potential) relationship with you;
- to provide you with marketing/commercial information (postal and/or e-mail);
- to optimize the quality of its services and the functionality of the Ask Q Website;
- to ensure the security of its office, systems and the Ask Q Website;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or criminal activities;
- to operate and manage its business processes and IT infrastructure;
- to carry out recruitment activities;
- to assess job applications;
- to conclude, execute and terminate agreements for the procurement of products or services;
- to carry out business development activities;
- in the context of a (potential) corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale or change of control;
- to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, court orders or the requests of an authority; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Depending on the relationship Ask Q has with you, your personal data shall be processed for different purposes. Ask Q will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorised by law to do so.
- On what legal grounds does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q shall use your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of an agreement with you;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to ensure compliance with its legal obligations;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of Ask Q’s legitimate interests or those of a third party; and/or
- because you have consented to the use of your personal data.
Ask Q has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example, (i) to ensure proper communication with you, (ii) to optimize the quality of its services and functionality of the Ask Q Website, (iii) to operate and manage its business processes and IT systems, (iv) to detect, prevent and investigate fraud and (v) to enforce its rights and to comply with legal obligations.
Ask Q will only provide you with direct marketing e-mails (e.g. an e-newsletter) after it has obtained your prior explicit consent to receive such e-marketing communications. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes through the use of the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of a direct marketing e-mail or by contacting Ask Q (see contact details included in Section 12 below).
- How does Ask Q secure your personal data?
Ask Q takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Examples of such measures are the implementation of a secure IT infrastructure, the conclusion of data processing agreements with third parties and the restriction of access to personal data to authorized persons only.
However, it should be noted that: (i) in general, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential; and (ii) any information that is sent to or received by the Ask Q Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted, and used by third parties, even if the exchange of such information is encrypted.
The Ask Q website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, kindly note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ask Q does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please consult these privacy policies before transferring any personal data.
- With whom does Ask Q share your personal data?
Ask Q may transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- to parties that are involved in the performance of Ask Q’s legal services (for example lawyers, legal service providers, arbitrators, mediators and notaries);
- to service providers (for example IT support providers and cloud computing providers);
- to professional advisors (for example lawyers and accountants);
- to third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate transaction;
- to governmental or administrative authorities;
- to financial institutions; and
- to insurance companies.
Such recipients may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Any transfers of your personal data to recipients located outside the EEA will be accompanied by adequate safeguards to protect your personal data (e.g. based on an adequacy decision by the European Commission, governed by the standard contractual clauses and/or supplementary measures).
- How long will Ask Q retain your personal data?
- if you have an agreement with Ask Q, your personal data shall be retained for as long as needed to provide services to you;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as long as it has an ongoing relationship with you;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as needed to ensure compliance with its legal and contractual obligations.
- What are your rights?
You have the right to request from Ask Q access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of the processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability.
Where Ask Q processes your personal data on the basis of your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you believe that your rights have been violated and/or if you believe that Ask Q does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority can be found on the website www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, including the exercise of your rights, please contact Ask Q by e-mail or regular mail using the contact details provided below.
Via regular mail:
Ask Q BV
To the attention of Marieke Van Driessche, General Manager.