Privacy & disclaimer
The information and opinions available on our website are intended for general information purposes only. This website is not aimed at providing legal or other professional advice. Ask Q cannot be held liable for any damage which would be incurred by using information provided on this website.
This website may contain links and references to websites or materials of third parties. Ask Q is not responsible for any content which would be available on external websites linked to this website.
Ask Q provides legal solutions to help meet in-house legal teams ever-changing needs, but we are not a law firm. If you would like to receive legal advice from a law firm, please visit the site of Quinz and contact an attorney who will advise you on the basis of your personal situation.
- Who is the controller?
- How does Ask Q collect personal data?
Ask Q will collect your personal data:
- when you directly provide us with your personal data (e.g. when you contact us via email);
- when we receive personal data from third parties (e.g. personal data received from regulatory authorities, customers or service providers of Ask Q);
- when personal data is collected automatically (e.g. your technical information in relation to the use of the Ask Q Website).
- Which personal data does Ask Q collect and why?
Ask Q will collect the following personal data from you:
- identification, contact and biographical information such as your name, contact details, the company you work for and your function at such company;
- information about your visit and how you interact with the Ask Q Website, including technical information associated with the device you use;
- information relevant to the legal services we provide you with, such as billing information or information in relation to your business;
- information relevant to the recruitment process, such as the information in your application and information we collect while performing background checks, excluding information regarding health, race, political or religious beliefs, and criminal convictions.
- For what purposes does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure proper communication;
- to deliver services requested by you;
- to establish and manage its (potential) relationship with you;
- to provide you with marketing/commercial information (postal and/or e-mail);
- to optimize the quality of its services and the functionality of the Ask Q Website;
- to ensure the security of its office, systems and the Ask Q Website;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or criminal activities;
- to operate and manage its business processes and IT infrastructure;
- to carry out recruitment activities;
- to assess job applications;
- to conclude, execute and terminate agreements for the procurement of products or services;
- to carry out business development activities;
- in the context of a (potential) corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale or change of control;
- to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, court orders or the requests of an authority; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Depending on the relationship Ask Q has with you, your personal data shall be processed for different purposes. Ask Q will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorised by law to do so.
- On what legal grounds does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q shall use your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of an agreement with you (e.g. employee contract);
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to ensure compliance with its legal obligations (e.g. tax law);
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of Ask Q’s legitimate interests or those of a third party;
Ask Q has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example, (i) to ensure proper communication with you or the company you work for, (ii) to optimize the quality of its services and functionality of the Ask Q Website, (iii) to operate and manage its business processes and IT systems, (iv) to detect, prevent and investigate fraud and (v) to protect or enforce its rights.
- because you have consented to the use of your personal data for a specified purpose (e.g. by actively providing us with information for such purpose, or by clicking a checkbox).
Ask Q will only provide you with direct marketing e-mails (e.g. an e-newsletter) after it has obtained your prior explicit consent to receive such e-marketing communications. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes through the use of the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of a direct marketing e-mail or by contacting Ask Q (see contact details included in Section 12 below).
- How does Ask Q secure your personal data?
Ask Q takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Examples of such measures are the implementation of a secure IT infrastructure, the conclusion of data processing agreements with third parties and the restriction of access to personal data to authorized persons only.
However, it should be noted that: (i) in general, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential; and (ii) any information that is sent to or received by the Ask Q Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted, and used by third parties, even if the exchange of such information is encrypted.
The Ask Q website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, kindly note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ask Q does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please consult these privacy policies before transferring any personal data.
- With whom does Ask Q share your personal data?
Ask Q may transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients on a need-to-know basis:
- to parties that are involved in the performance of Ask Q’s legal services (for example lawyers, legal service providers, arbitrators, mediators and notaries);
- to our service providers (for example IT support providers and cloud computing providers);
- to our professional advisors (for example lawyers and accountants);
- to third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate transaction;
- to governmental or administrative authorities;
- to our financial institutions; and
- to our insurance companies.
Such recipients may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Any transfers of your personal data to recipients located outside the EEA will be accompanied by adequate safeguards to protect your personal data (e.g. based on an adequacy decision by the European Commission, governed by the standard contractual clauses and/or supplementary measures).
- How long will Ask Q retain your personal data?
- if you or your company have an agreement with Ask Q, your personal data shall be retained for as long as needed to provide services to you or your company;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as long as it has an ongoing relationship with you, including any disputes or potential claims;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as needed to ensure compliance with its legal and contractual obligations.
- What are your rights?
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- the right to request from Ask Q access to your personal data and information about its processing;
- the right to obtain an (electronic) copy of your personal data and, in some cases, the right to have your personal data transferred to you or a third party in a machine-readable format (data portability);
- the right to rectification of your personal data in case it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- the right to have your personal data erased if we no longer possess a legal ground:
- where Ask Q processes your personal data on the basis of your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will however not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- where Ask Q processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests for other purposes than direct marketing, then we could continue processing your personal data if we have a compelling reason or if this is necessary with regard to legal claims and legal defense;
- the right to have the processing of your personal data put ‘on hold’ in specific situations (typically when we are checking whether we must rectify or erase your personal data after you requested us to do so) or to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you believe that your rights have been violated and/or if you believe that Ask Q does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority can be found on the website www.dataprotectionauthority.be. We would however appreciate it if you first contact us, so that we may look for a swift solution.
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, including the exercise of your rights, please contact Ask Q by e-mail or regular mail using the contact details provided below.
Via regular mail:
Ask Q BV
To the attention of Marieke Van Driessche, General Manager.
Ask Q Contracts Lab Competition
(22 Sept '22 - 12 Oct '22)
These contest rules (hereafther the “Rules”) set out the terms and conditions of the « Ask Q Contracts Lab Competition » (hereafter the “Contest”) organized by Ask Q BV (hereafter “Ask Q” or « the Organizer”) with its registered office at 1080 Vilvoorde, Medialaan 28A, and registered under the number 0761.731.595.
Article 1 - General
1.1. This Contest runs from 22 September 2022 to 12 October 2022 (hereinafter: the "Period") in Belgium. This is a temporary contest where legal consultancy services with a value of 1.000€ (one thousand euro) excl. VAT can be won.
1.2.Participation in the Contest is free of charge and implies acceptance of these Rules.
1.3. The Organizer reserves the right at any time to modify the Contest and/or terminate the Contest early at its discretion , without the participant being able to make any claim against the Organizer. To the extent possible, participants will be notified of such changes.
1.4. By participating in the Contest, the participant confirms that all information provided by him/her is correct and declares that he/she has read and agrees to the contents of the Rules.
Article 2 - Participants
2.1. The Contest is exclusively available for participants who are enterprises (“onderneming” or “entreprise”) as defined in Art. I.I.1° of the Belgian Code of Economic Law.
2.2. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude from the contest any entrants who fail to comply with the Rules or who abuse or tamper with the system or commit fraud or deceit.
2.3. Individuals representing participants must be able to prove their identity and their right to represent the participant at any time.
2.4. By participating, the participant agrees that the Organizer will be allowed to refer to the participant in marketing and other commercial communication, and in particular that the Organizer will be allowed to announce the Winner of the Contest, and that the Organizer will be allowed to communicate in relation to the legal services that have been or will be provided as part of the prize.
Article 3 - Method of participation
3.1. Participation to the Contest is free of charge.
3.2. Participation is only possible via the Organizer’s campaign on Linkedin.. No answer, even if correct, sent by mail or any other means of communication will be considered for the award of prizes.
3.3. To validly participate in the Contest, the participant must provide an answer to 3 multiple choice questions, fill out all required data fields, and register his/her participation for the contest via the Organizer’s campaign on LinkedIn.
3.4. Participation is valid only if the Organizer received responses and details in accordance with 3.3 prior to 12 October 2022, 12 AM CET at the latest. The date and time of receipt of entries by the Organizer, as recorded by the server of this page, shall be conclusive.
3.5. Participations that do not comply with the Rules will be invalid and will not be considered for determining the winner.
3.6. The participant shall bear all costs relating to his participation in the Contest (telephone, internet connection, etc.).
3.7. The Organizer shall not be liable for technical problems with LinkedIn campaign and/or email system, nor for any incompatibility between the technology used for the Contest and the hardware and/or software configuration used by the participant.
3.8. The participant using a program other than the Organizer’s campaign on LinkedIn, as well as any modification/adaptation of the latter by the participant is prohibited and will lead to exclusion, and possibly to legal prosecution for copyright infringement.
3.9. The Organizer may delete or cancel the participation of one or more participant(s) if they behave suspiciously. Such behavior may include (non-exhaustive list): setting up an automated response system, connecting of several people and different computer systems based on the same identification/registered profile, obtaining an extraordinary win rate, attempting to access the Organizer's servers, duplicating of accounts, ...
3.10. If any of the provisions of these Rules would not be complied with or in case of attempted fraud or cheating, the prize that would be awarded under these Rules will be reinstated. The winner will then no longer be able to claim any prizes of any type or nature. The Organizer also reserve the right to exclude participants who have committed fraud or attempted to circumvent the Rules.
Article 4 - Number of participants
4.1. Each participant may enter the Contest only once.
4.2. Participation is strictly by name. Under no circumstances may the participant play under different pseudonyms or on behalf of other participants. In the event of multiple entries, notably by using different email addresses or by using different identities or any other means of registration, all entry forms shall be rejected and considered invalid.
4.3. Organized and/or collective participation in the competition will be considered an abuse and will automatically lead to the exclusion.
Article 5 - Winner
5.1. The Organizer will verify whether the participants' entries comply with the Rules.
5.2. There can only be one winner of the contest (the “Winner”).
5.3. The Winner will be the participant who provided the most correct answers to the multiple-choice questions. In case of a draw between two of more participants, the Organizer will determine the Winner by a random draw.
5.4. The decision of the Organizer regarding the determination of the Winners is irrevocable and final.
5.5. Any Winner who does not comply with the conditions of article 3 will be refused the award of the Prize.
Article 6 - Price
6.1. The Winner will be eligible to receive legal consultancy services provided by or on behalf of the Organizer, with a value of 1.000€ (one thousand euro) excl. VAT. The services are subject to a specific agreement no later than 31 December 2022, between the Winner and the Organizer with regards to the type, volume and value of the services, which will be determined in mutual agreement and in accordance with the normal business practices of the Organizer. The participants acknowledge and agree that the Organizer does not offer all legal services, and that the Organizer is allowed to, without incurring any liability, in its reasonable discretion refuse to provide certain legal services. If no agreement on the legal services can be reached between the Winner and the Organizer before 31 December 2022, the Prize will not be valid anymore and the Price will be void.
6.2. The prize awarded under this Contest cannot be exchanged or converted into cash. A prize is indivisible and can only be accepted as awarded.
6.3. The Winner will be personally notified by means of the email address they provided as part of their participation in the Contest, within a reasonable period following the end of the Contest. Should the email address used prove to be incorrect and/or should the Winner fail to respond to the email within the calendar week, he/she will lose the right to his/her prize, without any possibility of redress. In that case, another winner will be determined in accordance with article 5. The Winner will receive by email the practical arrangements for receiving the prize.
6.4. The Organizer reserves the right to award an alternative prize of at least equal value if for any reason the above prize is not available or can no longer be awarded.
6.5. The Organizer reserves the right not to award the prize in the event of infringement of any of the provisions of this Contest, without the participant being entitled to any compensation from the Organizer.
Article 7 - Complaints
7.1. Any complaint or question regarding this Contest must be sent in writing and no later than 7 business days after the Contest Period, to the following address, by mail or email:
T.a.o. Helena Hendrickx
7.2. Any complaint sent outside this period will not be taken into account. The Organizer will contact you with regard to the answer to your question or the (further) handling of your question or complaint. The Organizer will make every effort to answer or settle the question or complaint satisfactorily.
Article 8 - Exclusion of liability
8.1. The Organizer and/or its auxiliaries are not responsible or liable for malfunctions on/in and/or errors of/in relation to the internet, the LinkedIn campaign, one or more of the websites referred to in this Contest, the cable (or any other relevant) network, software or hardware as well as for any incorrect input and/or processing of the personal data. Furthermore, the Organizer excludes any other liability of the Organizer and/or its auxiliaries in connection with this Contest. However, the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this Contest are without prejudice to the Organizer's liability for its fraud or that of its servants or agents or for the non-performance of an obligation which constitutes one of the Organizer's principal services.
8.2. The Organizer shall not be liable and/or responsible for any costs associated with participation in the Contest.
8.3. The Organizer may not, under any circumstances, be held liable for any direct or indirect damage of any kind arising from participation in this Contest and the awarding of the prize.
Article 9 - Personal Data
9.2. By participating to the Contest, participants also agree that the data communicated by the participant will be processed for Ask Q’s legitimate business purposes of sending the participant Ask Q newsletters and information about Ask Q services. The data will not be disclosed to any third party except our subcontractors on a need-to-know basis.
9.3. Except when the participant exercises his/her rights under Article 9.4 below, Participants' data will be kept for 1 year from the date of last communication.
9.4. Each participant shall have the right, within the limits of the regulation, to consult, have corrected, transfer, limit and/or delete their personal data, by sending a request via the email address that was used to participate in the Contest or otherwise by making a simple written request accompanied by a document confirming their identity (copy of their identity card, passport or similar document, on which they may delete the data that are not relevant to verify their identity as a data subject. The participant may also indicate on this printout the name of the Organizer, the date and the purpose of his request, so that the printout cannot subsequently be used for other purposes) to be sent by post or by e-mail to the Organizer:
Via regular mail:
Ask Q BV
To the attention of Marieke Van Driessche, General Manager.
Article 10 - Competent courts and applicable law
These Rules are governed by Belgian law and shall be interpreted or enforced in accordance with Belgian law. The courts of Brussels shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise from this Contest, or from the interpretation or application of these Rules